Disregard the bad picture, its what's inside that matters! If you're looking for a quick chocolaty snack, this is it. The ingredients call for canola oil, but to be honest, all I had was olive oil, and these came out awesome. The chocolate chips were an added bonus. We keep dark chocolate chips on hand, always.
|Vegan Chocolate Muffin|
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup Carob Powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup raw sugar
1 1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tablespoon almond extract
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Sift the flour into a mixing bowl (unless you have pastry flour). Add all dry ingredients and mix well.
2. Mix wet ingredients in another bowl.
3. Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Fold in chocolate.
4. I lightly oiled my muffin tin, and evenly filled each space.
5. Place in preheated oven at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes.