Monday, November 19, 2012
1 cup rolled oats
¾ desiccated unsweetened
1 cup white flour
2/3 cup raw sugar
4 oz Earth Balance
1 tbsp agave
½ tsp baking soda
1-3 tbsps water
1, 10 oz. jar of strawberry jam or preserves
1 tbsp honey (or if they don't eat honey, more agave can be substituted)
and instead of the strawberry jam we used raspberry- but it is dependent on whatever is preferable to the baker
1. Preheat oven to 300F. In a big bowl, mix oats, flour, sugar & coconut together.
2. In a little bowl, melt agave, honey, and butter together.
3. Mix baking soda with melted butter and syrup. Then add that to the dry ingredients.Add water sparingly if needed.
4. Place 1 Tablespoon of mixture on parchment paper lined cookie sheets (allow room for spreading). Flatten with fingers and indent slightly in center, creating a crevice for jam. Add a small spoonful of jam in each crevice. Sprinkle with coconut as a garnish if desired.
5. Bake for 20 minutes, checking periodically. These cookies have a tendency to brown really fast. Let cool completely and devour.