Not sure how to change the author in blogger, but Natalya made this curry. We had a guest and everyone really enjoyed this. I for one am very impressed with her curry skills! We used rice that I had had in the freezer. Just add water, in a pan and cook until hot and not too wet.
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1 medium onion, chopped
* 1 tablespoon minced garlic
* 1 teaspoon cumin
* 4 diced Roma tomatoes
* 2 cups coconut or almond milk
* 2 tablespoons ground coriander
* 1 tablespoon salt
* 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
* 1 tablespoon chili pepper
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
* 6 new potatoes cubed
* 1 medium head cauliflower, chopped into bite size pieces
* 2 cups garbanzo beans, drained
* 2 tablespoons garam masala
Rice and bread for serving
1. Heat oil in a large pot on medium-high heat and add onion. Cook until softened, about 6 minutes, then stir in garlic and cumin. Continue to cook until onion begins to brown.
2. Stir in tomatoes and coconut/almond milk and the coriander, salt, turmeric, cayenne pepper, cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom. Stir until mixture begins to boil, then put in the potatoes, cauliflower, and garbanzo beans. Blend well. Reduce heat to low.
3. Boil potatoes for approximately 10 minutes until tender. Add to curry. Sprinkle in the garam masala, stir, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Serve over rice and with bread or vegan naan. Voila!